Friday, March 22, 2019

Hockey Update

A few years ago, Matthew's Coach suggested we send him to Culver Academy to play hockey. I was not inclined to send him away from home at 12. This year, the hockey situation was one where we had to sit down and really think about the pros and cons of prep school. Prep School for Matthew is the best fit so we did the paperwork, he wrote the essays, did an interview, and to our joy, he was accepted. The boys took a trip to the school, the Coach watched his run through some drills, and ye, he could be on the hockey team. It never dawned on us he would not qualify for financial aid.

Now, we are looking at other options. Matthew was invited to be evaluated at the Premier of hockey prep schools, Shattuck's of St Mary's. However, they are even more expensive than Culver...The hockey program is a perfect fit for Matthew but...if we didn't qualify for aid with Culver, I doubt we we will with SSM. We are considering a few Canadian Prep Schools that are interested in him but those are billet schools...I am not sure about billeting. I know it is the most common system for boys 15 and up but...so much to consider.

I am praying, a lot these days. I am praying God will open doors that no man can open and to close doors that no man can open.

Here are a few pictures of my trip with Matthew to SSM. And yeah, we can't afford this one either...










I love love love this library











What's a trip without Maggiano's?




Matthew left me in the dust for most of this trip. We will be working on manners and staying with the person you're traveling with...especially your old mother. 

No comments: