Thursday, July 26, 2018

The Boy in Motion

The boy is complaining that I am making him clean out the garage. I think it's a fair trade since I drove him to MN, washed a week of dirty laundry, took him to his high school counseling appointment, and I am driving him to Nashville this afternoon.

Here are some videos from his Camp at Shattuck-St. Mary's. I am lousy at video...I have no idea which ones have his great moments and which have his "oof" moments. But...here is what I have if you want to see him on video since catching him in person is a bit more challenging.

The Camp started with me being a bit concerned that the kid from Alabama was not getting a chance...he was on the last line, the last in drill lines, etc. However, I learned the Camp was a mix of 04/05 (hockey is by birth year) and also, by size. M is 04 and one of the taller kids...end of the line for him. However, by the end of the Camp, and winning the games to make the playoffs mattered, to the front of the line he went and he covered the important shifts. I'm good.

My absolute favorite moment of the Camp was a hockey dad stopping to tell me how hard Matthew worked, not just at games but at practice, he gave 110%. I could not ask for more.













No comments: