Sunday, December 3, 2017

It's Broken

December is here, the holidays are approaching, hockey was gearing up for a busy winter and then boom...my season is all cleared up with free time.

This weekend was the much anticipated NHL West Youth Cup in Anaheim, CA. We were all excited to go and take a swing by Disneyland where I first met Mickey. Then...a small hiccup. Hannah couldn't go because of school so I stayed home since it didn't seem right to leave her. Suddenly, Anaheim was a Boys' Weekend and we had a quiet weekend at home for the Girls.

And then...the weekend took another hiccup when a huge Phoenix Coyote checked Matthew...I was so proud of my boy, he got up from the check and then...he went back down. His clavicle was broken and his weekend was over. My trooper was tough and went to the other games the boys played in and cheered them on. The ER doc thinks 4-6 weeks but we will take him to the Ortohopedic as soon as I can get him in for a better prognosis. He's tough and I think our biggest challenge will be keeping him in the amazing physical condition he is in while he heals. I am so thankful it wasn't a concussion and it's his right shoulder. Matthew usually plays left defense and is always looking for a way to get out of his handwriting and since he writes right, shoots left, if he is going to get hurt, I'll take it. (He was playing right defense and it's not his usual position so there shouldn't be too many hits to his right shoulder when he returns to playing.)

On the bright side of this derailed weekend, Hannah went ice skating with her beau at the outdoor rink so I got a picture of her by the tree before she left. The Girls spent some time at Church preparing for the upcoming Giving Hope event.

Life is funny, you make plans but they can change in a second...so we will be canceling the Mother/Son trip to Pittsburgh in two weeks and pop some corn and watch some Netflix...maybe take a walk...










No comments: