Friday, February 24, 2017

Sigh

I have not had a great week. I have not had fun parenting this week. But I love my children. I don't like people who call out people and drama on Facebook.  However, I had an issue and decided to deal with it head on...you might as well know about it too.

I don't like confrontation. I will go a thousand miles out of my way to avoid it...but when it comes to your kid, you have to take the plunge. I try to follow God's Word when it comes to our kids, I take Hebrews 12:6-11 to heart. Matthew lost his Captain C this week. He was given a chance to get it back last night, he made a bad choice and will probably never get it back. I fully support his coach taking it away. He did it because he cares about my son's character. Matthew will be a better man because of it.
I also try to keep a humble spirit, I am not always successful but I try. I do not posts how many goals Matthew made at each game. They are team goals. Did I ever reward him for making goals/assists/skating with puck? Yes, he used to be afraid to do these things. He no longer needs these encouragements. Did I post he was captain of the team. No. My daughter did and tagged me. I teach my children "Show me your friends, I'll show you your future." I have to apply this to myself.
To the parents who have taken pleasure in his discipline I ask you to unfriend me. To the parents I know by name who have done this...I did the unfriending last night.

Sigh.

No comments: