Monday, February 20, 2017

February

February is flying past me, my mind has still not caught up to Christmas, the new year, or even Valentine's Day, and now it is President's Day.

We had a busy weekend, Hannah had an All Star Tournament in Evansville, IN and Matthew had a Travel Tournament in Columbus, OH. I am thankful for texting and Snapchat, I was able to keep up with what was going on in Columbus while keeping Greg informed with what was happening in Evansville...little things like Hannah's first penalty...and the teammate with a crush on Hannah which sat outside our door until midnight while I kept her safely tucked inside the room. Greg compared it to when our cat is on the screened in porch and the tomcat sits in the garden looking so forlorn and howling...


She looks a bit proud of herself, don'cha think?





That's my girl!  


Matthew's weekend was a mixed bag of emotions. His team is winning but unfortunately, he lacked humility and will be suffering the consequences of is behavior. It is entirely possible that a few tears rolled out of my eyes when I was texting his coach and a few out of Matthew's eyes when all is said and done. I had a noticed a lack of humility on his part and was trying to teach him how important to be a good steward of the gifts God has placed in us. I was not successful. I believe his coach will be. I am very thankful for his coach caring enough to discipline him. It is very hard to watch your child suffer the consequences of his behavior but I am very thankful to have a coach that cares enough to discipline him and for that, I am very grateful.

On the bright side, I stole some screenshots of Matthew's Snaps to me and they're cute. Boys are adorable.






Yep, they had an outdoor game...their own version of the Outdoor Classic


Lauren served at a Marriage Conference that our church hosts every February. Our church does things well and provided photo opportunities...Lauren took advantage of the photo spot for a picture which she titled "Oh, Hubby, Where art thou?"


#ohhubbywhereartthou





Hannah and I spent the weekend eating, starting on Friday, we began eating at Taco Mama before taking our eating on the road to Evansville...I forgot to take pictures at Starbucks,  Five Guys, Turoni's, and PFChangs...and I did manage a picture of my three favorite travel items...tea bags, yeti cup, and my tea kettle. 



Who would like a pint of "Slapshot Ale?"




And that was our weekend, we also had Valentine's Day and I served at our first Motion (our church has a youth service the second Wednesday each month). I think I had as much fun as the kids...I was praying for 300 to come...God sent 816 students. It was amazing.











And on top of everything else...Matthew had a birthday....





No comments: