Tuesday, December 27, 2016

It's a Beautiful Day!

Christmas has come and gone...there are no obligations on my calendar this week. I can just breathe. I can lounge in my pajamas until noon. I have leftovers from Christmas and my birthday to graze on for days. Life is grand.

Our walk up on Monte Sano was beautiful Lauren even spotted a deer. I missed it. Like usual. I was busy taking a picture of moss on the rocks. Silly, I know but if you grew up in the desert, you would totally understand.

Christmas celebrations at Church is my favorite time of the year. Our church believes in doing everything with excellence to honor Him. I put "learn to play" drums on my bucket list after seeing the cool drum at church and then when the snowflake drums dropped, I moved learn to play drums to the top of my list.

Giving Hope was a blessed day. 107 kids received gifts for Christmas. The families were given lunch and then the parents "shopped" while the kids played, we wrapped, loaded the gifts, and sent the families on their way. One family left without their ripstick and one of the families helping with wrapping drove the gift to them (and they didn't live close by). The mom said "God must want them to have a special touch of love from us. You will see from the "store" our church members were generous with their donations...you don't see all the bikes and toys in back room to make sure families "shopping" later in the day had plenty to choose from. It was a really great day.

Lauren gave the kids a Star Wars extravaganza for Christmas. They had a blast...

I have some photos from the beautiful breakfast and dinner my two fabulous daughters made for me. A few pics from my birthday walk on Monte Sano. Very few photos from Christmas...I slacked in this area. I will have to try and make up for it on the birthdays that are just around the corner.

All in all, a very blessed Christmas Season.






.






















No comments: