Monday, March 2, 2015

Busy Busy Busy

CrAzY weekend. Last week's crazy weather brought one CraZy weekend for this family (and other families, I'm sure). Our marriage conference that was supposed to take place on the 20th and 21st was moved to this weekend but the kids had BIG activities going on. H had a competition in Birmingham (enter Big Sister to the Rescue riding her little Honda Civic) and M had his playoff weekend to wind up the Travel Hockey Season (enter Matthew's good friend's Mom to the rescue riding her husband's snazzy Jeep). 

I'm so proud of Roo, she served at our marriage conference on Friday night until 11:30 and had Hannah out our front door by 6:30 the following morning. She sent me videos to show me H skating and brought me home a lovely tea towel set from Williams and Sonoma. (see photo) I do believe our house will have a bunny theme running through it. Greg calls the pictures of my great great grandparents "the Rabbits" since they had 9 kids. I have the most adorable set of tea towels now...and there is this bunny door knocker at Anthropologie I have my eye on...if the kids ever stop growing...H needed a new coat (found one on sale) and new shoes (found her Uggs on sale at Dillards) and new underwear...M informed this morning he needs new tennis shoes...and I know he is going to need some Summer clothes...and H needs some dresses (I saw cute ones at Target) yeah, the bunny door knocker is probably going to have to wait awhile...Back to Roo, so the Best Big Sister in the World took H shopping for the undergarments and fed her lunch at Flip Burger and then stuck around for M's evening hockey game even though she had school work to complete. Sunday, Lauren served at Church and went in to work to set up for Orientation today. So proud...

Hannah's Competition went well, I have no idea how she placed because there was drama with the scoring that I won't go into but let's just suffice it to say this, I was not happy to read on FB about the scoring change and not receive a call from the Coach in charge that day. H is just a happy skater and loves to compete and doesn't take it serious but when I am paying someone to Coach her, I expect to be communicated with...end of rant. 

Matthew's team has been playing up meaning his 9-10 year old team (Squirts) has been playing 11-12 year olds (Pee Wees) and his team placed second in the league. I am not sure the improvement in their play was due to a change in Coach, Chris Luongo played NHL And coached at UAH. Or, if the boys finally connected all the dots due to growing up...or a combination of both. But, they were awesome! I do know I have to develop a thicker skin to be a successful hockey mom. Hockey Parents can be awful and I found myself screaming at the other team's goalie when he used his goalie stick to whack one of our players across his back as he skated by...and of course, the official didn't see it. Roo told me to leave the Trash Talk to her since it just isn't my style. Deal. 

So here are some pictures, I couldn't upload the videos of H since the files were to big...I'll have to see if the Computer genius can get the videos off my phone and onto a DVD. 









No comments: