Saturday, February 14, 2015

Closer and Closer

30 more days and we will be moving in to the house. Yay. Yay1 Yay!!!!!!!

Landscaping has arrived, sod put down, screened porch is in progress, carpet installed, the HVAC (heat is such a wonderful concept! That house was freezing!) The light fixture over the island is going to be replaced. It arrived with pieces of chrome, brushed nickel, and an amber glass in the middle of two white glasses. Greg calls it the Frankenstein Fixture because they put whatever they had left and made a light. I was appalled, the fixture was way too expensive to be assembled so...can't even think of a word to describe it. I am just that speechless...

I am a bit thrilled to be getting closer to moving. Apartment living isn't bad if you don't mind mold around your windows because of condensation, worrying if your kids are disturbing your neighbors, wondering the police have been sitting on the neighbor's car for four hours...really, it isn't too bad. I have a wonderful neighbor downstairs that I adore. They lost their house in a tornado that whipped through Athens last April. I would not have met her if we did not live here so I am thankful.

I am going to load this up with this week's pictures.







No comments: