Tuesday, April 8, 2014

House Update

Here is what is happening with the house. Last Wednesday night, I told my husband that I am done with showing the house. I am perfectly content with our neighborhood, we can always hire someone to do the lawn and get a chair to ride up the stairs when the time comes. I made an appointment for Saturday to formalize pulling it off the market. Thursday, we got an offer from a family who has never even seen it but found it online. They live in MD. AND the Realtor was asked by her neighbor to look at his house (one story 4 BR, 3 Baths) next Spring but would take an offer earlier. The Realtor gave me the address and I drove over to look at the outside and take a picture with my phone to send to Greg. The owner walked out so I skeedadled (from embarrassment) but I wanted to see the other side of the house...so I drove back around...he was pulling out of his drive in his big white pick up...so I turned down a street (embarrassed) and it was a cul de sac. I turned around and he penned me in with his pickup...he thought I was up to something ( I look so threatening in my blonde ponytail and yoga pants driving a white mini van) Anyway, he was very nice and let me look at the house. I did a really quick looksie (again embarrassed) and it is perfect except the backyard. That's fixable...it's very small, has cypresses (I hate cypresses) and the grass is abysmal from the dog.However, I come home and look at my blooming forsythia, redbud, and cherry and think...I am good with my house if the offer falls through...the one story doesn't have any flowering trees. My Realtor is convinced this is from God....I keep praying because sometimes we like to think it is from God and it turns into a nightmare.   So, after last night. We have sold the house pending all the little details like appraisal, inspection, etc with a June closing. Husband wants to look at other house one more time before making an offer. Given that the owner doesn't have to sell, he can be pretty picky about the price...should he desire. We could end up in an apartment. I guess that would give us a chance to sock money away for all the kid's skating...I am beginning to think I could sponsor a family in Africa for the amount of money we spend in a month...or Cuba...I heard the pay for doctors in Cuba is $67 a month!!! Okay...I digress...like usual.

No comments: