Saturday, August 3, 2013

I Need to Check my Email!

I have never been one to check my email daily...there is usually junk and well, I'm lazy. Last week, we went out of town for a wedding and needless to say, I didn't check my email. Now I do get my personal emails on a different account attached to my phone and I received one that needed attention and more of a response than I could hunt and peck out on my phone. I needed a keyboard.

Tuesday morning I sat down for 5 minutes to respond to the above mentioned email...and finally get around to checking my email, (By the way, I need to check from the oldest up and not start at the top and work down like I do) Here's why: I received an email from Matthew's Skating Coach wanting to know if I got Erin's email, obviously, I hadn't. I responded "No" and plowed on through my email. I got further down and found the email from Matthew's Skating Coach that US Figure Skating Magazine wanted to feature Matthew in the "Kid's Spotlight." Questions needed to be answered, photos submitted, and a release signed and returned. Deadline on Wednesday. Whoops.

Not being the most technologically savvy person and having a hate/hate relationship with my printer, getting the information took all morning and crept into the early afternoon.

AND then I realized I did not have a single picture of M figure skating, just playing hockey. The magazine wanted a school picture...uh oh, this required scanning...this took an hour because the hated printer is also the scanner. Have  I mentioned the hate/hate relationship?

I asked Matthew is favorite food, he says the drumstick from KFC. (Keep in mind he has probably eaten there 8 times in his entire lifetime) so I put it down. Now the Coach sees the pictures, questions, etc and tells me the magazine is encouraging kids to eat healthy and Matthew's answer to favorite food is fried chicken. My ability to defend myself flies out of my brain because I have never made fried chicken or fried anything, if I can't bake it, I don't make it.

Are you beginning to see the making of a very frazzled mom? The Coach tells me that we will have to hold the article for another month since I didn't have any skating pictures. Now I have to tell Matthew he isn't going be featured in the magazine next month, why did I mention this in the first place?

Later that afternoon, I had to drop by the Ice Complex and the Coach let me know it's a go for next month. SO, it looks like Matthew will be profiled in the Kids' Spotlight next month...unless, they send me another email and I neglect to check it....cross your fingers.

No comments: