Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Christmas Present

This past Christmas, I got the adrenaline junkie a stock car ride at Talledega. Not great video, what do you expect when using a camera for recording? Now I know why people had those 2 1/2 foot lens cameras that I scoffed at when we arrived. I thought they took this just a little too seriously. Once again, I got to eat humble pie. And should you ever decide to give someone the Dale Jarrett experience, spring for the drive and not the ride. Drivers and corporate groups get priority over piddly little riders. I scheduled the 10 am experience and the ride occurred at 2:50 pm. It was a gorgeous day and the kids were well behaved but for this observer the bloom went off the rose about 1 pm. The adrenaline junkie never lost his cool, which paid off...two extra laps at 170 mph. Oh, and an invite to come by the shop at the Sprint Cup race in May...wonder if they'll give him a cap...or just a hello.



No comments: