Tuesday, December 1, 2009

So So Tired

My favorite holiday has come and gone...it is already December. I am soooo soooo tired. I am not doing a very good job getting ready for Christmas, I turned the decorating duties over to the kids, and most of the decorations went back into storage. A tree, some Santas, a mantel swag, a wreath and we're done. I wrapped some presents but still need to get ribbon to decorate them. I have the kids' Christmas presents done but not extended family. My dad would be so ashamed...he was was always finished by August.

My days are filled with chauffeur duties, appointments, and laundry...grocery shopping and cleaning the floors. I feel like I have run marathons for days...I just want to sleep. I wonder if it has anything to do with my being a few years short of half a century old and I have a 5 and a 7 year old? Or, if it is just life and dealing with the ups and downs that wear you out...the rollercoaster of life. I remember when I was in 8th grade and my dad took me to Magic Mountain...my girlfriend and I rode the Revolution Rollercoaster 13 times in a row...ah youth, ready to face any obstacle, ride any rollercoaster, climb any mountain...now, I would look for a quiet bench under a shade tree so I could take a really long nap. It is 8:19 pm and I am ready to go to Zzzzzzzz......zzzz....zzzzz

No comments: