Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Eve Eve

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. H is questioning the existence of Santa, not sure if he is real and very scared he is and she is on his naughty list. M is asking me if he is going to get coal in his stocking...he is very worried he will get coal like his dad did last year. I explained it was actually black licorice and that I put it in there...I think he would rather have the coal than the black licorice.

The presents are wrapped, the stocking stuffers purchased, the kids and me have rung bells for the Salvation Army, Roo helped me wrap presents for the area's Crisis Line and M helped work the Salvation Army Angel Tree Collection.

The kids sung some beautiful songs at church on Sunday. H sang a solo part and was right on pitch. The girl does like to perform...her sister was highly annoyed that H kept playing with her hair during the performance. Sadly, I think this is a genetic trait handed from girl to girl. Roo does it and I remember doing it.

Roo attended M's Christmas Party and the fire alarm went off and the Fire Department responded...I have a feeling M will always remember his Kindergarten Christmas Party. I think Roo will remember this as the day she failed to hand her phone number out to the cute firemen...Come to think of it, she may still be kicking herself for not giving her number to the cute AT&T guy at the mall the other night while we were wrapping presents...hmmm.

All in all, a nice time of the year for memories and remembering our Lord and Savior's birth.

No comments: