Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Finally Fall...

I have been looking high and low for Fall. My favorite season of colorful foliage had been hiding from the high 90s temperature and is peeking out to see if it is safe to come out yet. I saw a glimpse of Fall on Monday while driving to Nashville. There are golden autumnal hues gently emerging from the pervasive green covering the mountains.

Today it is raining, a warm rain but still my favorite type of day. Tea in one hand, book in the other, while heaven provides a nice long drink for the earth.

I always feel closest to our Creator when I look at His creation. Fall speaks to my heart. The closing of Summer, the approach of the holidays....Fall fills the middle with a nice respite from it all. Time to breathe before the busy. Time to be grateful. Time to be still.


No comments: