Sunday, January 1, 2017

My Birthday

Feeling a little under-funded due to travel hockey and Christmas, I asked for a family walk up on Monte Sano. It's beautiful and I had a great time with my favorite people.

After, we went to Farm Burger for a bit of refreshment...looking very ratty (the entire family) we ran into Roo's ex-boyfriend..with his new girlfriend. This sucked a bit of fun out of our day. I am praying God takes the sting out of her heart and future run ins will leave her less rattled.

The day continued on a downward slide after this. We got a police text that there was a shooting at the Sonic by our subdivision...not even a 1/4 mile from our house. We went outside and saw the crime scene tape, police cars, firetruck, and ambulance. The ambulance pulled away with the police cruiser following and lights on...a few hours later, we discovered the boy died, he lives almost right behind us, his sister is in two of Matthew's classes and also in Lauren's Small Group at Church. It left us all a bit off for the next few days. Matthew now understands why I don't let them go off alone. We live in a fabulous neighborhood. This shouldn't happen but drugs find their ways into the best of neighborhoods and we are no exception.

I asked the girls to make me spaghetti and meatballs for my birthday dinner and it was fabulous. My cupcakes were delicious AND beautiful. Here are some pictures of the good parts of our day.












No comments: