Sunday, November 13, 2016

November in Nashville

Hockey in Nashville did not live up to the high hopes of good times with the team. The team only won 3 of the 4 games, Matthew was unable to play in the last game because he got hurt in the first period of the 6 a.m. game we had this morning. He finished the third game. (I think his adrenaline was pumping so hard, he didn't realize how much he banged up his knee. The shin guard was broken, M's skin was scraped, and the knee was swollen.)

One of Matthew's teammate forgot one skate at home so the team was off their game for the first game yesterday. Lauren came to the rescue. She drove to the far side of town and high-tailed it to Nashville to make the second game. (Which they won, so she must have been a good luck charm) She drove home after watching the second game. I think there is a good chance she made a detour by The Cheesecake Factory for some coffee and a slice of delight.

After the second game yesterday, we all headed to the hotel...only we found out we did not have a room. Yikes! It was truly a night of "No room at the Inn" in Nashville due to a Preds game, a Titans game, and a big concert. The good news is the reservation Greg made was for another Holiday Inn in Cool Springs. Who knew they had two? Now we know.

I discovered I forgot my phone charger, a crisis these days. I forgot my pillow. Another crisis in these days of cheap hotel pillows. And I forgot my medicine. So, not the greatest weekend.

We will get 'em next time.

PS

And...I didn't even take pictures...Hopefully, the Team Dad Photographer got some good ones.


No comments: