Thursday, June 23, 2016

Keeping up with Hannah



Quiet bonding time with Hannah was the plan for the week...until Friday night around 10:00 when her hockey coach, Martin sent a text. He wanted to know if Hannah was going to hockey camp (Girls only). I told him it was out of our budget. He pulled some strings, Hannah is now at Hockey Camp and is being coached by Lindsay Fry, Olympic Silver Medalist for Women's Hockey.

Martin sent the sweetest text about Hannah being a like a sister to his 7 year old daughter. He texts like he speaks. Hannah loved it so much, she did a screenshot and saved the text message.

I had to do some juggling with appointments, including my haircut...if that doesn't tell you how much I love that girl, nothing will. Appointments were successfully rearranged and I even made it to the gym on Monday. Yay!

I am so proud of my Hannah. I received the best compliments about her from the younger girls' mothers. Last night, after being at Camp all day, she did her Teacher's Assistant duties, and then took a lesson and had her first try at jumping using a harness for the axle. Today, she will help with Learn to Play Hockey before going on to play in her 3 on tournament with the boys. We will wind up Camp tomorrow and have some figure skating lessons afterwards. Friday will be her slow day...just a lesson with her favorite hockey coach, Martin.

I didn't get my quiet time with Hannah but we did make it to the pool one evening and got rid of that nasty hockey smell with swimming.







No comments: