Monday, October 5, 2015

My New Profession

Last Saturday, I went to General Anzalone's funeral. Greg worked for him in DC and here. (He also performed Greg's Retirement Ceremony with General Shackelford.  I have no memoir of meeting him, I was distracted with keeping my 2 and 4 year old children from acting like a 2 and 4 year old).  

I learned on Saturday that my leaky left eye (whenever I get emotional, tears escape from my left eye only...unless it's full on crying then both eyes participate in water works). I shared with Matthew that it was too bad I didn't live in the days when they paid people to attend funerals to beef up the number of mourners. I could have made a fortune. His response? "Yeah, you're hyper-sensitive. I'm hypo-sensitive." I cracked up...and it is quite possible a tear dropped from my left eye. 

No comments: