Thursday, July 16, 2015

I Did but I Didn't

M is doing Hockey School this week in Nashville. The driving duties were divided up and today was my day. We arrived safely, on time, etc. The boys went off to the Locker Room and I went up to grab a good spot. I reached the top of the stairs and glanced at the Rink to my right, saw a man giving figure skating lessons so I knew the Hockey would be on the Rink to my left. Grabbed a seat over the blue line and settled in. Boy, am I dumb. I learned later that the man giving figure skating lessons was Scott Hamilton. THE Scott Hamilton. And I missed it. Why? Because I am the person you do not as a witness for a crime. Oblivious. I have my routine down of walking into a skating complex, look right, look left and assess where my kid is skating, never seeing who is really there. So, ask me if I have ever seen Scott Hamilton is "I did. But I didn't." 

Rumor has it he is giving another lesson tomorrow. Forget Matthew's Hockey School, I'm stalking the other rink and hopefully, I'll have a picture or video to post tomorrow and it won't be a picture of Matthew moonwalking on Hockey Skates. 

No comments: