Saturday, March 1, 2014

International Relations

My kids amaze me with their insight into history and politics. The other day while driving to Ice Skating, the topic of conversation ranged from Flappers, Hoover, Teddy Roosevelt, to FDR's Betrayal of Poland in WWII. (They have so many questions, I have to admit sometimes they make my eyes roll to the back of my head. AND a lot of times, I don't have the answer...and I'm driving so I can't Google the answer.)

Today's Discussion.. The Ukraine. Now anyone with half a brain knows that Putin wants the Ukraine back given his lament that the worst thing to happen in the 20th Century was the break up of the USSR. How could Obama say he was not aware of Putin's plans? Arrogance? Stupidity? No idea...my kids knew Russia was planning to "offer" its military and our leader didn't??? (I would think the creation of the USSR would be at the top of the list next to Hitler and WWII. I seriously doubt Poland and the surrounding countries were happy to be absorbed into the not so happy world of Communism. I digress.)

Back to the Ukraine and the headline that Obama was unaware of Putin's plans for the Ukraine...

Here is Matthew's response to my comment about Putin's Power Play:   "I think Obama is on the 4 man Penalty Kill."

No comments: