Friday, April 13, 2012

The Not so Merry Widow


Last week, the kids and I stopped by the nursery and picked up a few plants to perk up the garden for Easter. We got home and H was going to empty a garden urn of last year's dirt and came to me shaking, she saw a black widow on the underside of the pot. I only had some insecticide for roses and I sprayed and sprayed and sprayed, the dang thing wouldn't die. I got a bottle of bleach I have for cleaning, sprayed, sprayed, sprayed, it still moved. I got a garden trowel and gave it a whack. I guess I missed since it scurried off into the grass. I suddenly remembered working with that pot last year and when I went to clean it off, finding a black widow and being very thankful I wasn't bit. There must have been an egg sac in the bottom opening of the urn. Beware of urns.

No comments: