Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Tick

Last week, H told me M's mole was bleeding after the shower hit it...Mole? What mole? M showed me his back and yep, there was this red mole that came out of nowhere. I decided I would take him in and have it looked at since that thing came out of nowhere. Sunday night, H tells me his back is bleeding from the mole and it won't stop. He comes downstairs and blood is just pouring out of it. Husband puts son on his lap and applies pressure to mole...bleeding won't stop. Gauze is taped to mole. Lots of gauze. The next morning, I call doctor's office and am told the doctor is gone for the week and she is the only one who can cut off a mole. I ask if he can be seen anyway by a Nurse Practitioner because of they way it was bleeding. In we go, NP looks at mole...sees a leg, and lo and behold she thinks it's a tick. She asks the nurse to look, nurse isn't sure so another Practitioner is called and she is pretty sure that's a tick. A tick it was. We go back on Tuesday for a Lyme Disease test. I am pretty sure that Team B and B (Blonde and Blonder) won't be playing in the Woods by our house anymore and telling me they are going to the playground. I think they were both grossed out. That was the tick bleeding from engorgement (I guess technically, it was Matthew's blood since the tick stole Matthew's blood...that was a tremendous amount of blood...how can something so small hold so much blood??? Ewwwww)

No comments: