Thursday, November 19, 2009

Success!!!


Ha! I found this picture from Thanksgiving 2003, well, let's just say the office party for Thanksgiving. I am on the right track to finding my Leaf Peaping in New England pictures.

But, in the meantime, let me tell you about the actual day of Thanksgiving. I was feeling domestic...Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, I was pregnant which kicks the nesting desire in, life is good, I whipped up a pumpkin pie, opened the oven, set the timer and....the power went out about 15 minutes into the baking time. The power did not come back on...we lived on Base in a quadplex and our fabulous neighbors had a generator and hooked us up. We discovered that day that gas ovens do not work without power, who knew? It took a few days to get the power up, we spent a lot of time coloring a cardboard box from Land's End with H by candlelight. Denny's became our breakfast spot and fortunately, the cold weather kicked in right after they got the power up and running...Now, let's see if I can find those autumnal pictures I have been searching for today!!!

No comments: