Tuesday, June 14, 2016

PeeWee Tryouts 2016

Saturday was the big day. Go Big or Go Home...Matthew wasn't just big, he was HUGE. His hockey skills have come together and he was on fire. Apparently, too big a fire for the other players trying out...the parents were not happy. I had a friend make a comment that wasn't nice...and I was stunned. My legs felt like they were going to go out from under me. I have never dealt well with conflict. I also have a very sarcastic tongue (it's genetic) so there was a battle going on in my brain. Say something that will kill all possible relationships between Matthew and his friend's parents or say nothing. I went with nothing. Now, I have stewed for days. I let it go...I think I can plow through this and pretend it never happened or try to nicely say "This is how AA hockey is played. If you can't handle Matthew's aggressive play, what are you going to do when there is an entire team of aggressive players.?" Yeah, that won't go over well, will it? I don't think my idea of a tee shirt that reads "If your princess doesn't like getting touched, try Golf." Or...or...or... I was so stinking proud of how fast he is, talking to the players to get to the net so he could pass...except no one was fast enough to get to the net before Matthew...so he couldn't pass...the other parents were not happy about a defenseman scoring a goal. I understand that but...get your kid some skating lessons and get him solid on his feet so he won't fall down.

In a nutshell...I am praying for a miracle to happen this Summer and Matthew's new teammates to suddenly be able to skate and shoot a puck...because we played AA hockey this past season and this new team will never win a game...or get out of the defensive zone. It's going to be ugly.

No comments: