Saturday, September 27, 2014

House Update

The house is finally rolling after the trusses were delivered...I think we are waiting on brick now. I have to go back to the granite people...no one told me I had an allowance (I thought all the granite was priced the same since the girl took me to the warehouse and said "Pick one.") and I busted it by $15 sq ft. The laundry room is supposed to have granite but we are going to use a pretty Formica...why pay $50 sq ft and then cut a big hole in it? It will also save us some for the plumbing overage. We went over that because we upgraded the toilets. I thought the toilets were a joke...they were sized for a nursery school. Seriously? We went with a a bit higher to avoid that "I'm falling!" feeling in the middle of the night...also it has a bit bigger seat...I'm not sure who would fit on the standard seat aside from toddler. We know we are going to bust the lighting and flooring budget. The carpet budget is .99 sq ft which includes the pad and installation...the carpet that fits that budget would be worn out in a year with my ruffians. So...Formica it is and back to the granite place I go.

My little home builder continues his photo documentary each day after school.








Note the Little Home Builder in the side view mirror.

No comments: