Wednesday, February 14, 2018

It's Valentine's Day

Love is in the air, life has me thinking about love...feeling love...showing love.

Love languages...the importance of learning someone's love language to show you care about them...touch, time, acts of service, receiving gifts, and words of affirmation.

I have discovered my love language doesn't fall into these five categories. My love language is truth. If you love me, you will tell me the truth. Always. It may make you ashamed or embarrassed but if you lie to me, the situation is going to be so much worse than if you had just told me the truth.

When I am lied to, it shakes me to the core and conveys you do not care about your relationship with me at all. Telling the truth means our relationship is more important than your selfish reason for lying. It shows love...I love you enough to tell you the truth.

Life has taught me the importance of telling the truth and the destruction of lies. It has become my love language, it tells me I am valued, I am respected. Gifts are nice, kind words are nice, affirming words are nice, time together is nice, doing things for me is nice, but transparency and truth tell me you value our relationship and it is priceless.

No comments: