Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Spring Break

Spring Break is here and we are slugs. Matthew has a cold, it is really cold outside (little snowflakes have been floating down the last few days), and we have been sitting by the fire. It is a nice break...pajamas until noon...I have read a book...it is delightful.

We ramp back up on Friday with hockey in Nashville. But this break is nice...I had ideas of working in the yard, scrubbing baseboards, etc. Those plans went out the window when I couldn't open the windows due to the frigid air that comes tearing through when just a door is opened. I am reminded of all the big plans I had as a kid growing up in CA....hours of laying in the sun...turned into huddled up in a blanket...the weather always turned cold during Spring Break...and so it still does.

I will make a cup of tea...cuddle with my kids and savor the lack of plans for the day.

No comments: