Saturday, August 27, 2016

Innovation

School is under way. It's not the same school I went to with "reading, writing, 'rithmetic." M has a class called "Innovation." It takes something you are passionate about and applies it to the community. The teacher asked Matthew what he was passionate about and he answered "Hockey." Shocking, I know. I wished him luck with applying that passion to the community. My son is a whole lot smarter than I give him credit for...he is making a bench out of used hockey sticks and donating it to the rink. Pretty clever if I do say so myself.

I spent the last two weeks asking everyone I could think of for hockey sticks. Success.

The project requires a mentor (not a parent). And Clever M does it again...he asked his coach from last season...okay, I may have nudged him in that direction. I knew his coach did construction while he played for the Huntsville Havoc.

The project starts today, pictures to follow soon.


No comments: