Friday, August 5, 2016

Back to School 2016


Whoosh! The days of Summer are flying by and we are back in school as of 2 days ago. When I went to school, we always started the day after Labor Day. August school starts still throw me. My mind is trained to think September and it was always hot when it started and my school didn't have air conditioning.

I digress. School sneaked up on me like a thief in the night...school shopping happened right after church on Sunday. It was the only time we had to do it with the busy schedules...H and I both wore the wrong shoes for this event. It took a lot longer than anticipated and our feet were talking to us. H bought a new pair of shoes and promptly changed the ones she had on for the new ones. (Okay, I suggested she change her shoes...she didn't know you were allowed to do that...yes, you are the owner and you can wear them now)

Hannah started high school...she was a bundle of nerves and no reassurance that not one freshman has died from the first day of school would calm her down. She came home and announced it was great and didn't know why she was so stressed. Yep, that's my girl.

Matthew started school cool as a cucumber and remains that way.

They both like all their teachers. We will see if that changes or stays the same.

I'm attaching pictures of the first day...Sigh, they are growing up so fast.

Hmmm....apparently, there is an error while trying to save my post and adding pictures. I will try again later.















No comments: