Thursday, July 21, 2016

So So Hot

Summer has turned into a blistering heat, drought abounds, and I am ready for Fall. School starts in two weeks and it is excruciatingly hot. I can't even wrap my head around school clothes, supplies, fees, etc.

The kids are finishing up their last camp this week and fortunately, it is at the ice rink. I cannot fathom the discomfort all those soccer kids are going through right now. Blech.  Matthew is still at an age where he wants me around so I have been spending hours and hours at the rink. I am exhausted. Sitting around for 8-9 hours can be very tiring. Camp is about 7 hours but the kids have other obligations afterwards. Both help with the Learn to Play Hockey Camp and Hannah is a Teacher Assistant on the figure skating side...today, H has lessons and M wants to stay for the Stick and Puck Session. It's going to be another long long day.

I think we are all a bit worn down with all the go go of this Summer. It was impossible to get them out the door on time. I looked at my watch and realized it was 8 minutes until my workout class so I didn't make that...I took the hour that would have consumed to do little things around the house that have been neglected...like shredding, laundry, cleaning the kitchen, writing letters. I am really behind in my chores. I kind of feel guilty making the kids do their chores before leaving the house...kind of.

I should have some pictures and videos tomorrow. There is a game today and I will try and get some visual documentation of camp then! Until tomorrow...xoxo

No comments: