Monday, March 14, 2016

Spring Break

Today is the first day of Spring Break. I am exhausted and I have a massive headache. I think the timing of Break is perfect. It is time to be lazy and just breathe. The kids are thrilled there is not too much on our schedule this week. (Hannah is helping with Learn to Skate Camp and both are helping with Learn to Play Hockey) The biggest chore I have planned is getting some work done on the gardens. The soil needs massive improvement, weeds are everywhere, and mulch needs to be put out since so much has washed away over the Winter.

I want to go on the record that I hate these time changes. Pick a time and stick with it. I will vote for whichever candidate who pledges to stop the madness.

I woke up to a dark room today because it was raining so hard. It lightened up but the sky is getting dark again. I was hoping to take the kids on a bike ride when Hannah was done with Camp this morning. I don't think that is going to happen. It looks like a quiet day of reading is in store for Hannah and me and Matthew will be busy trying out his PlayStation 4 today.  (He successfully saved to purchase this all on his own using his allowance and birthday gift cards.)

Hannah finished her hockey season on Thursday. She played in the Championship game. They lost 3-2 but it was a great game. She has come so far in her playing in such a short time. Her games make me more anxious than Matthew's. I have no idea why that is...there are times when I just can't watch. It isn't because she is playing with all boys since she can give better than she gets...it's weird, I cannot explain it.

Hannah has her first official job. She is getting paid for helping with the Learn to Play hockey camp. She even had to fill out a W-9 tax form. She is eagerly awaiting her first paycheck. She is saving for a lap top. She is so excited to get her $150 paycheck at the end of the month.

Hannah is clicking along finishing up her last few months of eighth grade. She turned her Science project in last week...I found pictures on my phone of her using Matthew to test her theory. It is so sweet when they get along. It makes my heart all warm and fuzzy. He even chased her down for a hug this morning when she left for Skate Camp. It was a moment I want to remember so when they start bickering again, I can remember "It isn't always like this."

I am sad that Matthew is almost done with elementary school. Next year, he will be a middle schooler and Hannah will be starting high school. Sob. I even realized the other day that H will begin driving in 9 months...Sob!!!


I think my age is getting to me...I cannot stand the election madness going on...I am not a Trump supporter (I find him belligerent and I hate his belittling of other candidates) but I find the organized protest of his rallies unnerving. People died for our right to free speech and people are organizing to shut his right down. I hate it. I hate how our country is becoming "It is all about me and if you disagree, I will shut you down in any way possible." I blame Social Media but I know I am wrong...it is our culture and Social Media just reflects the culture. It's madness. I am glad I won't be around to see the completion of the "It's all about me Society." I listen to the candidates speak of free health care, free college education, and I wonder has anyone looked at our debt lately? How are they going to pay for this?

Okay, I am done with my random Monday morning thoughts. I must get ready to pick up Miss Hannah, feed the children, finish, laundry, and read my book, The Fountainhead.

I'll insert a few pictures here...The kids had a JV Dream Party (It is for 6-8 graders who serve at Church) and there were some games...H & M both rocked at the games...except the cookie game where you had to put a cookie on your forehead and use your face muscles and gravity to get it into your mouth...neither could pull that one off...




The Science Project











Matthew and his friend, Matthew

No comments: