Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Winter

Finally, Winter. Well, at least as close to Winter as the South can imitate. It is so beautiful. I love the light the afternoon sun casts across my kitchen. It lulls my soul when I sit at the kitchen table with a book and a hot cup of tea. The warmth softly coming through from the sun provides a calming rhythm to the tumbling of the dryer.

My favorite thing to wear is a soft sweater and finally after a long warm Winter, I can put one on and feel a comfort that doesn't come from other clothing...at least, for me, sweaters are the most soothing of all body coverings.

Winter sunsets can just take my breath away with the array of colors and floating clouds. When the foliage has fallen from the trees and the morning frost has covered the vegetation, it looks like diamonds have covered everything as far as my eye can see. Exquisiteness...

It seems like nature is sleeping in Winter but I think it is nurturing us, telling us to slow down our pace...stop, rest, and just breathe.

No comments: