Friday, January 8, 2016

Elusive

I was so excited to go to bed last night. I had a nice time at the Rink, several of the hockey parents had me in stitches, tears rolling from laughing so hard. I learned I need to get out more. Every time I said something they would start laughing...I finally had to whip out my Urban Dictionary. Oh. My. Stars. No wonder they were laughing like a couple of school boys. Laughing is good for the soul...but I was so tired. I was so glad Matthew had a short practice...alas, sleep eluded me. I tossed, I turned, I took some melatonin and Advil. I tried the right side, my hip hurt, I tried the left side, my hip hurt. (Yoga class will be a priority today) I put a pillow over my head (there go my pretty curls from the hairdresser). I even tried sleeping on my back which is a guaranteed headache inducer. A headache I got, even though I had taken the Advil.  I admired my ceiling. I went through my list of things to do. I watched my children sleep. I wish I could sleep like that. Sleep, where are you?

No comments: