Friday, January 8, 2016

Change

Everything changes. It is a condition of life. Seasons change.  People change directions in their lives...they change jobs, they move. Children grow up. It's inevitable.

I was looking back to when Lauren first started this blog. I came across a post about how much I enjoyed the cows and horses just outside our neighborhood. I loved the crop duster that sprayed the farm fields. I adored the little country restaurant by our house filled with seasoned farmers. They are are gone now. The restaurant is closed, the cows sold, the horses moved, the fields plowed up for more subdivisions. We moved down the road, I no longer have a beautiful view of the lake but of a new Sonic. I miss it all. I miss hearing the cows moo while I sit on the back porch.

I do find comfort that God never changes. But for the rest of it...I hate it. I wonder if that is why I find it so hard to change my many shortcomings. I am afraid of stepping out of my comfort zone. That's a deep thought...and it's early and I haven't slept. I'll be like Scarlett O'Hara and ponder it later, after all, is another day.

And today, nothing has changed. Matthew missed the bus, I drove him to school in my pajamas. That's the the same. I will drive Hannah to school in a few minutes, nothing new in that...I will drive to the Rink this afternoon...routine...an ordinary day.

No comments: