Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Off Key

I wish I had the gift of song so I could write a catchy tune for my days at the Ice Rink...alas, I cannot...I can't rhyme, I can't sing, so what can a girl do?

M played in a 4 on 4 Tournament yesterday and I forgot to pack my sense of humor. Never forget your sense of humor with sports...I found myself more frustrated than I have ever been watching sports in my life. The goalie on M's team spent the entire time on his knees and flinching every time the puck came in his direction. I could  hear the voice of our travel team goalie's mom in my head yelling "Be Big, Goalie! Be Big!"  M's team came in last. I had to remind myself this is for fun, world peace is not involved, people have cancer, aren't we blessed to have healthy kids...like I said I completely forgot to pack my sense of humor...I didn't even take a picture...I do not pass the "Good Mom" test...

Hannah had an afternoon lesson with Matthew's Coach to work on stick handling and making the transition from figure skates to hockey skates...figure skates are straight with toe picks and 3 inch heels...hockey skates are curved, no toe pick (can you imagine what hockey players would do with toe picks?) and no heel so Hannah feels like she is falling backwards. She seems to have a natural talent for hockey so if she loves the game, she will go far. Oh, I did find my sense of humor while hanging out with her in the locker room. Watching her put on all that stinky gear with her eye liner and pink lipstick on is...nothing short of a HOOT! She won't let me take pictures...sigh.

So today, back to the Rink. Hannah is a Teacher's Assistant for figure skating and there is a "Learn to Skate for Free" Clinic. The kids are going to Stick and Puck and I will probably be in the parking lot sneaking in a nap...

No comments: