Thursday, December 31, 2015

Lost It

Laundry, drive, feed the masses...that has been my life this past week...I even start my tea water and head to the laundry room to work on laundry while the water heats up...This means I am a little bleary eyed when pulling things out of the wash to put in the dryer...I found my debit card in the washer and was puzzled how my debit card found its way from my wallet to the washer. Slowly, slowly, it came back to me. I took my debit card and Military ID out of my wallet and put it in my pocket at ICE the other day. However, I could not find my ID anywhere! I prayed to the Omniscient God who sees everything to show me where I would find my ID card. Slowly, slowly, my fuzzy brain remembers pulling out my debit card to pay for something and that must have been when I lost the ID card. Great. Just great. I called Opryland and filed a "Lost" claim and was told it would take a week to process. In the meantime, I can't get on the Arsenal to use the Commissary. I don't think I have mentioned how much my kids are eating these days. I need Commissary access.

Loss of Commissary privileges is actually nothing compared to my Social Security, Greg's Social Security, and both of our birth dates are now in someone else's hands. As if the DOD hack wasn't bad enough (The Hackers got the entire family's information and all Greg's Security Clearance Information) and now I have handed strangers our information. I have a feeling I am going to come home one day and a bunch of Russians will have taken over my home and assumed my ID. I am going to end up living in a cardboard box under I565.

Thankfully, the Husband did not yell at me...he took me to get a new ID. I have my commissary privileges back...I will stress every time I use my debit card for fear someone has cleaned out my account.

Lesson learned...carry the heavy purse. Better yet, honor the Husband...this was Karma...for giving into the Kids' desire to see Ice over my husband's desire to never see ICE again...Next year, Cheekwood for the Dickens' Carolers and hot chocolate.

No comments: