Monday, December 21, 2015

Almost Christmas...

Christmas is just a few days away and we are still a wee bit behind schedule...Santa's cookies still need to be made, a few stocking stuffers to be purchased but we are having more fun than should be allowed...Friday night, Hannah had a lesson while Greg and Matthew helped setup the Church Office for the Giving Hope Outreach Program for our church.

Saturday morning started off with me going to the 9 am Prayer Service, Hannah off to assist with the figure skating classes...then Hannah started her hockey career with a clinic while Greg, Lauren, and me helped with the Church Outreach. (Matthew slacked and hid out at the Rink with his Kindle). I cannot begin to say how grateful I am for Greg and Lauren's help. I was in charge of getting all the gifts wrapped for the parents to take home...our church is extremely generous and well, there were a LOT of gifts to get wrapped. My team of 8 volunteers was just not getting it done. Both of my favorite oldest Bices pitched in without being asked. (I don't think I have ever seen Greg wrap a present in 28 years of marriage. Roo let me know he wraps like the engineer he is...very precise. Later that afternoon and evening, Matthew had some hockey games and he might have spent some time in the "Sin Bin."

Sunday morning, we were back at the Rink for hockey. M had an 8 a.m. game...the girls and I went to church after his game...well, they left early and were on time...saving me a seat...I have awesome girls. Hannah took her preliminary freeskate at 2:00 and then the girls and me headed to Birmingham for a Christmas service, some Mexican food, and cheesecake....then home.

Today, Hannah declares herself a "legit teenager" since she now has braces...after we did the grocery shopping, made dinner for a friend's family...and then...we napped. I love naps.



My Wrapping Team prior to the Elves Arrival



The Coach said "Be more aggressive!" He was.


Hannah and Coach Melinda
(and her good luck combat boots and Blitzen...because he is the "Dare Deer" which makes him "Dauntless"...it's a Hannah thing)










Mother-Daughters' Night Out in Birmingham 




"The Legit Teenager"







No comments: