Friday, August 28, 2015

BBC Me

My children make fun of me because I watch BBC programs. True Story. But they're so good! How can I not? And, if they are truthful, they enjoy them too...now not all are BBC some come from ITV and PBS and BBC America (does that count?) What can I say? I like good writing...I like not being able to guess the end from the very beginning. I like bad guys becoming good guys and good guys who aren't quite so good...I will say this is one of the reasons that Downton Abbey has fallen from the pedestal I had it on...I would have loved the writers to make Thomas good and become Bates' protector...I feel like the writers became a little lazy or Julian Fellowes became too consumed with his NBC project and let DA slide...Oh well, now...my newest love is Richard Armitage, goodbye, Mr. Firth. I finally streamed North and South on Netflix and was floored by Richard Armitage's acting. He says more with eyes than most convey in an entire hour so...I'm 8 years late to appreciate the actor but I am working on it. I pulled up all I could on Netflix starting with Robin Hood. Matthew loves it, Hannah complains if I watch without her so win/win. I have to get the MI-5 discs to appreciate Seasons 7-9...I had stopped watching after Matthew MacFadden walked into the sea, WHY didn't I stick with it??? I could have discovered Richard Armitage 6 years ago! Oye. Sadly, his appearance in Strike Back is not available in the States...I will have to find some way to watch it online. The Strike Back episodes available here on Amazon begin with his character's death. Sob.

A few more shows I will recommend to you from our British cousins are Inspector Morse (and of course, Inspector Lewis), Lark Rise to Candleford, Inspector Gently, Doc Martin, Rosemary and Thyme, all available on Netflix streaming so when the doldrums of Winter set in...you can thank me. You're welcome.


No comments: