Saturday, July 11, 2015

Saturday Serve

It's Saturday Serve Day...and Matthew is still sleeping...Normally, I would wake him up but the last two weeks we have been fighting his asthma. The night before last was especially hard so I have been letting him sleep...and Serve Day starts in 25 minutes. I'm stuck between doing my duty and being a good mom...so here I sit. I've decided to let him sleep and arrive late to serve.

The other children are serving, Roo drove down to B'ham to honor her commitment (she has a bad cold) to help serve children in a lower income area...they're playing games and scooping ice cream and various other treats. H is serving at a yard sale to raise money for the Children's Advocacy Group. And when M wakes up, we are meeting Greg at the Church Office to pack hygiene gifts for those in Correctional Facilities.

Roo retrieved H from her lake trip with a friend so she could honor her serving commitment and then H is headed back to the Lake. This day has required some serious logistics for Miss H. I fear it is only going to get worse as she progresses through the teen years. (I am already missing the quiet days of Summer when we spent most of our time at the pool...we've only been to the pool once this Summer and the Summer is almost gone...School resumes August 5.)

After Matthew is done serving, he has a Pool Party with his new Travel Team. This year is going to be very different from the last three years of travel...more than half of the team has moved, playing a different level, or didn't try out...Matthew was selected to play up with older boys so he will need to get to know his new teammates. I know he will like them just as much as his previous teammates but I fear he takes after me and doesn't like change. So, today is going to be another busy day...but it will be fun! I like the lazy days of Summer but Fun days are good too!

Here is the link to give an idea of how our church serves the community:

https://www.churchofthehighlands.com/serve/

No comments: