Sunday, June 14, 2015

Home, at Last

M returned home (to my joy) and immediately put his face in his Kindle. Yep, after a week with no electronics, he did his best to make up for it. I cannot fault him though, I found him watching The Longest Day. A proud moment for me, he shares my love for the history of our American Military and the courage of those who participated in D-Day. He continued watching even when the Stanley Cup Final started. He only looked up when I was yelling at the TV when the goalie left the crease leaving the net wide open...(Bishop did not return to the crease following my very loud instructions, I don't know how he couldn't hear me, I certainly yelled loud enough.)

Back to M, he earned 3 merit badges and just needs to put together a First Aid kit to complete his fourth merit badge, he learned CPR while at Camp, so the Kit will be the easy part.

The mosquitoes loved Matthew as you can see from his legs (which were also a bit scraped.) I am thankful he didn't do a face plant on cement like one of the other kids. I am so thankful to have him home relatively safe...he, however, wants to know when the next Campout takes place...




No comments: