Thursday, February 26, 2015

Liberty Legacy

This week Greg was honored by the 5th grade classes at Matthew's school as a Legacy Hero. The 5th Grade classes raised the funds to pay for the mini Statue of Liberty awarded to each recipient and Matthew used $37 of his own money for the fund. (A huge step for M since he usually uses his allowance on Pokemon cards) The classes made a challenge with each other and Dr. McQueen (Matthew's favorite teacher and seen below) will now have to dress as an LSU cheerleader for two days.

Matthew was required to lobby his fellow students for their votes after presenting why his dad should be a Liberty Legacy hero. I was so proud of my little guy, he had to stand up and introduce his dad and explain why he found him to be a Liberty Legacy. (His little voice quivered while he spoke, this Mama felt her heart pulling.)

I'll be honest, I didn't know it was such a big deal. I was going to wear my gym clothes so I could workout as soon as the program was done. I got the Evil Eye from the boys so I dressed normally. Imagine my surprise when I found the Mayor and his lovely wife at the event. I should have worn a dress...









No comments: