Saturday, December 20, 2014

House Update

The little worker bees have been busy this week. We have some trim, some brick, coffered ceiling, solar tubes for Hannah's room, and some doors hung....oh the joy! We met with the closet guy, Jim Jones, yesterday. We plan on skipping the wire shelves in the Master Bedroom, pantry, and guest bedroom (it will be where I put my paper, scissors, and glue that I play with!) It may just be a dream since our closet allowance doesn't even cover wire shelves in all the closets...we will see. We have busted the lighting, plumbing, and carpet...stayed in budget for tile, floors, and cabinetry...My happy pantry door was a tad more than a regular door but soooooo worth the happy it will bring me. I am still kicking myself that I didn't think to move the fireplace to a different wall to avoid putting the TV in front of the window...sigh. Oh well, I am going to just have to suck it up as live and learn. Mr. Stricklin (our builder) has given us a March 9 completion date.




No comments: