Monday, June 23, 2014

Memories of the Mind

August 25, 2008

Yep. I copied and pasted from my journal. 

Music and scents are so intertwined with my memories...the smell of an iris suddenly brings my grandmother's garden to the forefront of my thoughts...My Cousin, Mike gave me my very first vinyl album, The Eagles...He also introduced me to James Taylor, Dan Fogelberg, and JD Souther...My Sharona will suddenly bring memories of cruising Lancaster Boulevard to mind...Events of my life put in the attic of my mind come tumbling down and bring a smile to my face or a tear to my eye. With this in mind, I had so much fun making a playlist for MySpace.

I had fun putting songs I like now and songs that remind me of people I love and thoughts from my past...Jet reminds me of Lauren and Virginia...and now, Hannah who dances to the beat. Miley Cyrus because every young teenage girl, especially me, has encountered the tied tongue in the presence of the boy who has captured her heart...and again, Hannah since she adores Hannah Montana. De-lovely since Matthew asks for the song all the time. Cheap Trick reminds me of my younger brother who played "I Want You to Want Me" over and over again. I have no idea what girl he was thinking of while he wore out the round spinning vinyl. ZZ Top brings his wedding to mind...We had so much fun in a converted WWII Prison bunker at Upper Heyford. My brother doing his best ZZ Top Air Guitar dance across the floor with his new sister-in-law. The memories go on and on...I guess in honor of my time as maid of honor, for Rita,  I should go find "Tainted Love" and remember what a great time we all had under the stars on the dance floor...

No comments: