Monday, June 23, 2014

Cavemen, Pee Chees, and Blogs

I must have been on a roll on June 22, 2008. I also found this old journal entry.


Blogs confused me. I am a middle aged housewife and mother. I was pondering...(I live in the South now, this is such a fun word "pondering") back to the subject at hand, I was pondering about how our younger generation has an intense desire to blog. There is a wave of inane thoughts and actions being posted on the internet every minute. A while back, I began wondering why this generation feels the need to express their every thought to anyone who has too much free time to view it. Then it occurred to me, man has always had a desire to express their thoughts since the beginning of time. This would be such a great Sociology thesis...Cavemen wrote on the walls, my generation covered their Pee Chee folders with their thoughts (mine was covered with hearts and initials for whomever my heart was yearning on at that moment in time and with quotes...see other blog) and this generation has its blogs.

Man has always kept journals and diaries. This is nothing new. I think the only thing new is sharing personal information while you are still alive and breathing rather than your beneficiaries reading it after you are dead and gone.

I thought this computer diary a great idea. I started one here on MySpace. I am not one to rant and rave about anyone, I wouldn't want to write what I wouldn't want anyone to read but still, imagine my horror when I discovered what I posted as diary was being read publicly. I saw the numbers on my blogs and was confused, how was anyone reading something posted as diary. I checked and my blog read "Public." AAGH! Strangers in my diary? What could be worse?  I have to wonder who in the world is bored enough to read the inane musings of a very old housewife that they do not know. Perhaps these readers are a new type of archaeologist? Reading the writings of man now rather than in the future...I would rather think this than think our future holds nothing more than a bunch of voyeurs.

I am not sure why I am so puzzled about putting your thoughts out there for everyone to read, after all, the cave men did it, I did it on my Pee Chee...any curious student next to me could see my crush du jour, so I guess today's bloggers are just expressing their innate primal desire by writing...for anyone to see.

No comments: