Sunday, June 29, 2014

Calico's Journal

When H was in Kindergarten (I think) the kids got to bring home Calico the Bear. He had clothes, a toothbrush, etc. The kids were to write their adventures in his journal. (this really meant parents had to write up the adventures using Calico's voice)

H eagerly (and impatiently) awaited her turn to take Calico home. It was worth the wait. She got him for all of Fall Break and not just the weekend like most of the kids.

Calico's Journal

October 14, 2007
This week I went home with Hannah.  It was Fall Break so I had a nice long visit.  We had a quiet weekend at Hannah’s house and on Monday we went to Chattanooga, TN.  What an adventure!  Our hotel was a converted train station called the Chattanooga Choo Choo.  It was so neat!  There were restored train cars, fountains, rose gardens, and a trolley!
On Tuesday, I saw butterflies, sharks, stingrays, snakes, alligators, and crocodiles at the Chattanooga Aquarium.  We went to the IMAX Theater and a shark swam right at us.  I thought I was a goner.  The jellyfish floated in front of my face and Hannah tried catching one on her finger.  (She caught a butterfly on her finger earlier and I guess she thought it would be just as easy to catch a floating jellyfish.)  We had pizza for dinner. 
Wednesday was another exciting day!  We rode a restored train from Grand Junction to East Chattanooga.  Hannah’s brother swears he saw two bears in the woods.  I didn’t see them and I think I would recognize my relatives.  We did go through a long horseshoe tunnel.  It was built in 1852.
After the train, we had some lunch and went for a walk.  We walked across the Tennessee River on the Walnut Street Bridge and stopped at a park.  Hannah and Matthew played in the fountains and then we rode a carousel.  We had ice cream on the North Shore before going back to the Hotel.
Thursday, we went to the Children’s Discovery Museum.  This was so much fun! There was a lot of water to play in, a huge playground, art, a dinosaur, an excavation station, science projects, I can’t remember it all. We took a walk downtown for lunch and drove home to Madison.
Friday, I spent a quiet morning with Hannah.  We were all tired from the trip and then we went for a walk by Indian Creek. I saw a bunny, cows, some guinea fowl, blue jays, cardinals, horses, and a dog.
Saturday was another play day for Hannah and me.

Sunday was a day to worship and praise the Lord.  We gave thanks for all He has given us and the wonderful friends he has blessed us with.

No comments: