Saturday, March 29, 2014

More Be Ready

Hannah graduated from Be Ready this morning and we are now lounging around the house doing fantastic imitations of a couch potato. I got a little twitchy lounging so I popped her disc of pictures in from Camp. I'll just give a little spiel on stuff she did and you can probably figure out what is going on in the pictures. Before I load the pictures, let me just say, on the first day of Camp, I really did try to persuade her to wear pants and a warmer jacket (there was a lot of wind and snow flurries) but nope, shorts and a light jacket. That's my girl.

Hannah's team started off with a "Trust Building" exercise, how to build a fire, make a shelter from a parachute (the girls won, the boys' shelter collapsed) water survival (included plugging the holes on a helmet with your fingers and placing your chin on it), learning CPR, first aid, what to say to say to a victim and what not to say, triage, logistics, search and rescue and more stuff that I can't remember.

Also, the amputated mannequin...apparently makes the appropriate noises while you "treat" him. I wonder if he screams...I'd be screaming if the leg below my knee was missing.

Miss Hannah also had the experience of someone asking her to be his girlfriend...and she turned him down...I'm hoping she was kind...but...well...you never know with her. 

And before I forget, Roo volunteered at Be Ready for the mock disaster (an airplane crash) that kicked off with 4 big bangs that scared Miss Hannah a bit...and then boom, the kids were off saving lives. 
















No comments: