Sunday, January 5, 2014

My Only Resolution

Good morning! My only New Year Resolution is to pay more attention to my blog.  I was thumbing through it and it brought to mind so many things I have forgotten over the past few years. My favorite thing about perusing it was seeing the pictures of the kids and how much they have grown. I need to be more diligent about documenting their childhood journey. They do and say the funniest things and I hope someday they will look at this and appreciate their mother's wit. Ha! Computer blogs will probably be replaced by some other form of technology and they will need special equipment to extract blogs...kind of like an archaeological dig. 

So this weekend, Matthew and Hannah had ice skating on Saturday...M had a 9 am lesson and 10 am class. H had a 10 am dance class and 11 am lesson...then Matthew moved onto a 12 pm hockey practice and a 4 pm practice...then today,  Matthew had hockey practice at 7 and another at 10...which meant getting up at 5 (half hour drive, half hour to put on gear...) anyway, Greg took the drive and cheer the hockey player detail and I slept in until 7. (Okay, after making sure they were up and about, then I slept in...or went to back to bed...oh heck, let's just say I took my nap this morning instead of this afternoon.) 

First, before I forget, my friend sent this link this morning since she and me share the same love for Downton Abbey  http://whimsicalhomeandgarden.com/downton-abbey/

Second, to be honest, I didn't even realize DA started tonight. And no, I didn't order the DVD set from Amazon.Uk .like last year. Last season, just didn't sit well with me so I lost a lot of my usual enthusiastic anticipation. I completely understand why they killed off Sybil and Matthew since they wanted to leave (still hated it) but promoting Thomas under Carson, I don't buy. It would NEVER have happened even without the homosexuality. That position must be held by someone in high regard and no one on staff holds him in high regard. And I haven't seen how the jazz singer plays in but I am not really buying that story line and Rose leaves me cold. I also read they are putting Edith front and center as a modern woman...another character who leaves me cold. So, I will watch and I hope to be pleasantly surprised by liking it as much as the first two seasons...but I am not holding my breath. 

Not only did I not realize DA starts tonight. I have been so busy that I didn't even realize there was a holiday special for Call the Midwife. I was looking for a football game after dinner and stumbled on it half way through. Such a good show.

And before I forget, my lovely cousin, Cindi, gave me a book called Longbourne since she appreciates the same love of Pride and Prejudice as me.. It is on my list to read today. The weather is supposed to turn nasty. Friday, the Huntsville City Schools called a two hour delay for tomorrow. The kids fall under Madison City School jurisdiction and they are waiting until late tonight/tomorrow morning to call it...which seems more prudent but means I have to leave my alarm on rather than sleeping in...and when the cat hears my alarm, she sounds the alarm and that wakes the rest of the family...so no quiet morning if there is a delay so I am hoping for no delay so the kids are out the door by 7 and not fighting for two hours before catching the bus. 

I am hoping for a bit of snow but the temperature isn't supposed to fall until the rain has cleared out. There is a chance of the end of the rain to turn to snow. I had planned to go see Saving Mr. Banks with Roo today but she is not inclined to go out in the bad weather so she bailed on me. Right now it is just cloudy and 43. Nothing spectacular...all the fuss reminds me of Chicken Little. 

Okay, I guess it is time for a second cup of tea. I will make that and come back to share the story of the scary maze. 

No comments: