Friday, December 13, 2013

Harmony Club


IMG 1850 from Susan Bice on Vimeo.


Hannah loves to sing...but she didn't want to join Harmony Club at school. I have never heard Matthew sing in my life. He wanted to join Harmony Club. Hannah came home from school, Matthew stayed after school and when we went to pick him up, all of Hannah's friends were there. She joined Harmony Club. Matthew realized that Harmony Club as mostly girls!!! Ack! He wanted to quit. I told him that he made a commitment and had to follow it through. Harmony Club then became a struggle with Matthew. The Little Guy would "forget" he had Harmony Club (an attempt to get tossed out of the club.) I made him stick it out. I'm mean that way. (I wanted to teach him to follow through with commitments and I know that my husband and his father have awesome singing voices. I would have hated it if Matthew missed out on the opportunity to discover his voice.)

While picking up the kids from practice, I shot this video I shot because it is one of my favorite Christmas Carols, Stille Nacht (thank you, John Denver.) Although listening to the video, you can't tell they are singing in German. While I was getting my phone out, Matthew saw me and scurried off, grabbed his backpack and was ready to go to hockey. My little singer stayed put and finished out the song.

Harmony Club is now over. I don't know if Matthew ever found his singing voice.

No comments: