Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Nutcracker on Ice Photos

Last week, we had Nutcracker on Ice photos for the show taken. Craziness. Borrowing this and that while costumes are in the final stages of being sewn, having a lesson and hockey practice. H not liking her "Toy Shoppe, Street Kid" costume because it isn't purple like it was supposed to be...etc. etc. I love my H but she has a stubborn streak that makes a donkey resemble a dove. I will say when I saw the color of the outfit, I thought "Ick" but I wasn't going to let her know that. However, when I see the pictures, the colors really work on her.

Back to my stress level...I was frazzled...so, a 3 year old provided me with the biggest belly laugh ever...she was playing with her mom's phone and found a picture she decided to show to the Costume Director...it was her mom in lingerie, a picture meant for her husband's eyes only...said Husband is traveling a lot these days. The mom has a tremendous sense of humor but I think she wanted the floor to open up and swallow her. Fortunately, for the Costume Director, it really wasn't any different than a Victoria's Secret ad so her eyes weren't scarred.

My next laugh came when a devout hockey mom, meaning that she actually PLAYS hockey (used to play on Harvard's team) was there for her son who wanted to tryout figure skating. She felt she deserved the mom of the year award for doing this for him...Her son ran off the ice and said "MOM! Can I be in the Nutcracker next year!" Mom's reply? "I guess this is how my mom felt when I told her I wanted to play hockey."

Okay, so here is the link for the pictures. (we ran out of time for Hannah's "Party Scene" and "Flower" outfits. I will take pictures and post when they do their dress rehearsal in a few weeks)

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/33209088_JbKxmF#!i=2892977509&k=L3j6L2W

No comments: