Thursday, November 21, 2013

His Name is Matthew

For those of you who know me really well, you know how much I hate confrontation about anything...even small things...so I just mustered up all my courage and asked Matthew's skating coach to call him Matthew and not Matt. (They probably think I am a "Helicopter Mom" as Lauren calls the parents who apply for Space Camp jobs on behalf of their children.) However, in my kindergarten class, there were 3 girls named Susan so the teacher gave us Susan, Susie, and Sue. I got Sue. I hated it. For all of school I hated it. Since Mrs. story called me Sue, my classmates called me Sue. My best friends and family called me Susie and I didn't mind that at all...but Sue, was worse than nails on a chalkboard. I had to move out of CA for people to stop calling me Sue. I don't want that for Matthew. (And when I married Greg, my aversion to Sue intensified...Sue Bice has to be the ugliest name in the universe...probably should have kept my maiden name.) Names are important...just ask my brother, Scott. If you want to tick him off, call him Scotty. (Now to be fair, Scotty is really his name, and my dad was so hurt when my brother insisted on being called Scott...but that's another story for another day.

No comments: